Thursday, July 19, 2012

Making a "Splash"

Wild Horses, Portraits of Freedom 
 As a result of my trips out to visit the wild horse herds in AZ, CO and NM, I am doing a series of small portraits. My goal is to give an intimate glimpse into individual horses and my visual and emotional response to their beauty. The paintings are on cradled wood, so they can be easily hung or placed as freestanding art. Shipping, (with in the continental U.S.) is free.
"Splash" is a mare in Dan's band. (A painting of Dan is next). It is easy to see how this mare got her name. What a wonderful coat pattern! She  moved freely as she played around the waterhole. I enjoyed painting the pattern on her coat and the pattern in the background water. Splash lives at the Sand Wash Basin, CO.
"Splash"
SOLD

No comments: