Sunday, July 8, 2012

Corona, the Iconic Wild Horse

Wild Horses, Portraits of Freedom 
 As a result of my trips out to visit the wild horse herds in AZ, CO and NM, I am doing a series of small portraits. My goal is to give an intimate glimpse into individual horses and my visual and emotional response to their beauty. The paintings are on cradled wood, so they can be easily hung or placed as freestanding art. Shipping, (with in the continental U.S. is free).
Corona is one of the  icons of the Sand Wash Basin. He is full of life and is well known on the web. During my trip, one of my goals was to see this amazing horse. As a band stallion, he was all business as he brought his band in for a drink. I was so excited to see him come up over the  hill to make sure all was safe at the waterhole. With his wonderful mane caught by the wind, he lead his band in. It is this first glimpse that I wanted to capture here. Corona, running  as he topped the hill, with the distant mountains in the background. It is a thrill I will always remember.
"Corona"
Oil
8x8
SOLD