Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Blue" a SWB stallion

Wild Horses, Portraits of Freedom 
 As a result of my trips out to visit the wild horse herds in AZ, CO and NM, I am doing a series of small portraits. My goal is to give an intimate glimpse into individual horses and my visual and emotional response to their beauty. The paintings are on cradled wood, so they can be easily hung or placed as freestanding art. Shipping, (with in the continental U.S.) is free.
"Blue",  is a wonderful dark Blue Roan stallion at the Sand Wash Basin. Last summer I watched him chase "Destiny", (his new mare), across the range and featured them in a painting. This summer, I had the chance to paint both Blue and Destiny from life, so I feel my connection with them is even stronger.  Here is my field study of Blue 5/2012
 "Blue" painted on location, SWB, CO.

My "Wild Horses, Portraits of Freedom" painting of Blue depicts him with the late afternoon sun hitting his coat. The light around him was wonderful and it reflected the glow of the sun, and the highlights in his coat and mane.

"Blue"
Oil
8x8
SOLD


No comments: