Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wild Horses at the Pryor Mountains

The wild horses of the Pryor Mountains are well known from the wonderful films featuring Cloud, the Palomino stallion that filmmaker Ginger Kathrens has documented during the past 18 years. It was such a thrill to see Cloud and his band on the mountain top. Encore, the newest filly in Clouds band is full of life and a joy to watch.

Cloud and Encore.

During the few days I had to spend up there, I saw several other bands and enjoyed watching the dynamics that played out.



Photo by Kim Michels
I had the chance to get a couple of paintings done while I was out there too. At was fun to meet Kim Michels and have her as my guide during this trip.

I am looking forward to sharing photos, stories and paintings  from this trip.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It looks like a beautiful place!.....and the horses didn't move off into the trees while you were trying to paint them LOL! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Karen McLain said...

It was an amazing time! Wish you could have been there too.