Monday, March 2, 2009

Budweiser Clydesdale's in Harness



Today was the last day the Budweiser Clydesdale's are in the area. I wanted to get out and paint one from life, with the harness on. I was able to start with a quick sketch when they arrived. While they were unloading, I quickly laid in a thin wash, and got the body of the Clydesdale painted. They positioned the first horse in place and I was ready to paint the harness. My goal was to get the most important information in this painting, without getting to caught up in the detail. Painting horses from life gives me more experience to bring to each painting completed in the Studio. I have enjoyed the past few days painting these amazing Clydesdale's. Thanks to all the people who stopped by to chat while visiting the Budweiser Clydesdale's.
"Clydesdale in Harness" is available for $100.00, plus $4.80 shipping






No comments: