Sunday, October 11, 2009

Painting the Landscape and Horse from Life


SOLD



 Lee Alexander

It is wonderful weather here in Arizona, and that it is cool enough to paint from life. Painting the landscape and horse from life come together in one place at the Mammoth Steakhouse located at the Goldfield Ghost Town. In addition to being a popular tourist attraction, many locals ride out to meet friends and have lunch. Every weekend Lee Alexander is on stage with the best Cowboy Western and new/classic country music. It is a perfect place to settle in and paint the Superstition Mountains, horse, and meet folks, in a friendly atmosphere.
This weekend, I got to paint PJ, a tall line-back dun. As well as Duncan, a striking Spanish Mustang. In addition to meeting these wonderful horses, it is always good to make new friends that are interested in horsemanship. After having a chance to paint some horses, I did a small pallet knife painting of the mountains. I look forward to getting out every weekend and posting here about my adventures.

6 comments:

Carol Anne Strange said...

Hello Karen! Sending greetings from the UK. I absolutely adore horses and it must be wonderful to paint them out there in the amazing Arizona landscape. Your work is fantastic!

Karen McLain said...

Thanks! It is beautiful this time of year, and I feel blessed to have great people and horses in my life.

Kathleen said...

Great paintings =)

Karen McLain said...

Thank you Kathleen!

Lori Skoog said...

Karen...I just caught up with your posts. The paintings for your exhibition are beautiful!

Karen McLain said...

Thank you Lori. I have 19 done, 3-4 more to complete!