Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mustang Oil Paintings on Exhibit



AMONG THE MUSTANGS
The Onaqui herd of horses roams freely in an area southwest of Salt Lake City surrounded by Utah’s mountains. Encircled by more than 200 wild mustangs, I observed their interaction with each other and with the land. Small groups of horses stood together, some sparred, some slept, and others moved from group to group.
These paintings are a soul-searching quest into each horse's spirit and relationship with the herd. They are an intimate glimpse at the powerful, yet peaceful existence of wild horses in their natural environment. I hope you feel as if you have experienced the freedom of these quiet symbols from our nation’s past.
Note: About 200 of the Onaqui herd were recently rounded up by the Bureau of Land Management. Their fate is uncertain.

Artists of the Superstitions Studio Tour
Saturday and Sunday
November 7th and 8th
9:00 am-4:00pm
2161 East Junction Street
Apache Junction, Arizona 85219

Please plan on joining me for this exhibit of more than twenty oil paintings of the Onaqui herd.

Andrea Trotter will also be displaying her Nature Photography at my studio.

2 comments:

jacksonsgrrl said...

Karen--Please send me your email address--I had talked to you about having a painting done. My friend has found out her horse has cancer with a very limited time to live. I want to present a painting to her in time for Christmas if possible. I had wanted to have one done of my horse as well, do you offer deals at all if I order too? If not, no problem.
--Mindy at pinkcurlytail@yahoo.com

Karen McLain said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends horse. I will send the Price sheet and FAQ, as well as a discount to go toward those paintings.