Sunday, June 26, 2016

Visiting the Met and Painting the Hudson Valley

Next week, while visiting my friend, Meredith Hudes-Lowder of Equus ferus Wild Horse Photography,  I will have the opportunity to see collections at The Metropolitan Museum of Art,  The Museum of Modern Art and Museum of Natural History are a few on my list.

Anders Zorn 

The opportunity to learn from viewing the work of masters is something that impacts my painting on a deep level. I look forward to seeing Rosa Bonheur's masterpiece,  "The Horse Fair", which is 8x16 feet and completed when she was 33 years old.



In addition to visiting museums, I will have the opportunity to tour and paint the Hudson Valley, where the Hudson River School was based and inspired. These artists left a legacy of paintings that express depth and light in an amazing way.

I am looking forward to the week of learning, painting and fun ahead!


No comments: