Saturday, August 3, 2013

Wild Horse Plein air Paintings

My month long trip into wild horse country afforded me wonderful viewing and painting opportunities. It was bug season, so I learned that Bounce dryer sheets really do keep the mosquitoes and no-see-ums away. Despite the elements of nature and hazards of  painting something on the move from life, I managed to get  some good field work done.

"Little Book Cliffs Stallion"    oil   8x10   $125.00






"Mare and Colt"    oil   6x6  

"McCullough Peaks Foal"   oil   6x6   $90.00






"Mineral Lick"   oil   6x6    $90.00






"Picasso Portrait"   oil   6x6   $90.00
Sold




"Picasso's Mare"   oil   6x6   $90.00






"Pryor Mountain Mares"   oil   8x10   $125.00






"Raven"   oil   8x10    Sold


Several of the paintings from the trip have already sold. But in addition to these posted here I have several available in albums on my Facebook page. Please check there. I will also be posting more on the blog, including the Yellowstone buffalo video and paintings. 

If you have any questions, please email me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice paintings..

I like your painting thanks for sharing it..

http://www.gaiti.com/

Karen McLain said...

Thank you William!